The Malden Public Library offers curbside pickup: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10-6, Wednesday from 10-7, and Saturday from 10-2. Curbside hold pickup means you will be asking for items either from our website or over the phone. We are looking forward to helping you.
Library staff will collect materials, contact patrons when holds are ready, and check out materials when the pickup time has been scheduled.
Follow these simple steps to pick up items:
- Place an item on hold through the library’s catalog (https://mpl.bibliocommons.com/) or by calling the library (781.324.0218).
- When your items are ready, you will be notified by email, phone or text (whichever method you chose when you signed up for a card).
- Call 781.324.0218 to arrange a pickup, once you have received notification that your hold(s) are ready. Make sure you have your library card number handy! Calling ahead cuts down on your wait time.
- Drive or walk to the library and wait in the designated curbside area.
- Call 781.324.0218 to let library staff know you are now at the library to pick up your items.
- We will place your items on a cart for pickup. Please wait until the staff has re-entered the Library before taking materials. Enjoy your books!
- When you’re done with your items, please return them in the book drop.
Materials can only be returned using the library’s book drops to ensure patrons and staff safety. Returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before check-in, as recommended by the CDC. During the quarantine period, books will remain on the borrower’s card. For further safety, concerned patrons can avoid opening checked out materials for 24 to 72 hours after retrieving them from the library.
The Library continues to recommend the many online resources available at our website at www.maldenpubliclibrary.org, including 24/7 access to the digital library,
The library has a reopening plan in place, but no date has yet been set for the various stages in the plan.
For more information about the Malden Public Library’s programs and services, please call the library at 781-324-0218.