The Malden Public Library along with other libraries in the MetroBoston Library Network offers a growing collection of materials in many languages, including books, magazines, movies, music, newspapers, and e-resources. Some of the materials we offer are in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Haitian-Creole, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tigrinya, and Vietnamese. Our world language materials are located on the main floor next to our ESL collection.
Finding materials in online catalog
- Search in our online catalog (https://mpl.bibliocommons.com/) for materials in the following languages:
- Arabic in Malden Arabic in MBLN
- Chinese in Malden Chinese in MBLN
- French in Malden French in MBLN
- Haitian Creole in Malden Haitian Creole in MBLN
- Portuguese in Malden Portuguese in MBLN
- Russian in Malden Russian in MBLN
- Spanish in Malden Spanish in MBLN
- Tigrinya in Malden Tigrinya in MBLN
- Vietnamese in Malden Vietnamese in MBLN
- Search in ComCat (http://www.mbln.org/commonwealth-catalog) to access collections at other libraries across Massachusetts.
Accessing e-resources using your library card
- Mango Languages: Online language learning with just your library card (http://maldenpubliclibrary.org/elibrary/mango-languages)
- Overdrive: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish (https://bpl.overdrive.com/)
- Hoopla: Chinese, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese (https://www.hoopladigital.com/)
- BPL’s PressReader Newspapers in 60+ languages (http://www.pressreader.com.ezproxy.bpl.org/)
- Check our ESL webpage (https://maldenpubliclibrary.org/services/esl/)
- We have a collection of language learning books, CDs, and mixed media items for individuals who would like to learn Chinese, Spanish, French, Arabic, Haitian-Creole, and many other languages.
- Mango: 70+ languages and ESL (http://connect.mangolanguages.com/malden/login?u=784053)
- Prounciator: 80+ languages and ESL
- BPL’s Gale courses: 18 courses, including Sign language and ESL for Law and Medical professionals (https://education.gale.com/l-bostonpl/SearchResults.aspx?CurrPage=1&CategoryId=38&Sort=RELEVANCE&PrevSort=RELEVANCE&SortAsc=True)