To help you save time, most of what you borrow at Malden Public Library will automatically renew up to 2 times. Exceptions include:
- E-books, streaming and downloadable media
- Museum passes and materials that may be subject to shorter loan periods
- Items borrowed from Roxbury Community College
- Items obtained from a library outside of MPL’s lending network or through interlibrary loan
- Overdue items
- Items with holds from other users
- User accounts with fines/fees accrued to $10 or more and/or any other blocks
By default, eligible items are renewed three days before their due date and are due again one full loan period after that original due date. Almost overdue reminders for items that cannot be automatically renewed and automatic renewal notices have been combined into one notice, and will be delivered to patrons with an email address on file.
Automatic renewal is determined by item type, therefore it is not possible to turn automatic renewals off for an individual patron.
When Automatic Renewals is not applicable, you may be able to renew in person,
by phone, or online:
- In Person: Renewals can be done at the Circulation Desk at the Malden Public Library. You’ll need your library card but not the item being renewed.
- By Phone: Call the Automated Telephone Circulation System (TeleCirc) at 617-859-5908. Please have your library card and PIN on hand. This option is available 24/7. If you’d like to renew via telephone during our business hours, you can call 781-324-0218; please have your library card number on hand.
- Online: Log on to the online catalog. Please have your library card and PIN number on hand.
PIN numbers are available at the information and circulation desks or by calling the library at 781-324-0218.