DearReader.com Online Book Clubs
Join the Malden Public Library’s free Online Book Club and start receiving chapters from popular books in your daily e-mail. Everyday, Monday through Friday, we’ll send you a portion of chapter which will take you about five minutes to read.
After you’ve read 2 or 3 chapters from a book, we’ll start sending you a new one.
There’s no charge for this service. You don’t even need a library card. All you need is just five minutes a day, and we’ll introduce you to an exciting world of reading.
Click here to begin reading!
Book Discussion Groups
The Malden Public Library hosts two book discussion groups: The Monday Book Discussion and the Booker Prize Book Discussion. New members are always welcome! Copies of books for discussion are available at the information desk.
Monday Book Discussion Group
The Monday Book Discussion Group meets on the first Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Program Room.
- March 6, 2017—The Daring Ladies of Lowell by Kate Alcott
- April 3, 2017—Two Years Before the Mast by Richard Henry Dana, Jr.
- May 1, 2017—For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
- June 5, 2017—One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
Call the Malden Public Library at 781-324-0218 for further information.
Booker Prize Discussion Group
The Booker Prize Discussion Group meets at 7:00 p.m. in the library on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Since 1969 the “Booker Prize” has been awarded to the best full-length novel written in English by a citizen of the UK, the Commonwealth, Eire, Pakistan, or South Africa. For more information about the Booker Prize please visit www.themanbookerprize.com.
- February 22, 2017—A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
- March 22, 2017—Mother’s Milk by Edward St. Aubyn
- April 26, 2017—The Keepers of the Truth by Michael Collins
- May 24, 2017—Number9Dream by David Mitchell
- June 28, 2017—Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones