DearReader.com Online Book Clubs
Join the Malden Public Library’s free Online Book Club and start receiving chapters from popular books in your daily e-mail. Everyday, Monday through Friday, we’ll send you a portion of chapter which will take you about five minutes to read.
After you’ve read 2 or 3 chapters from a book, we’ll start sending you a new one.
There’s no charge for this service. You don’t even need a library card. All you need is just five minutes a day, and we’ll introduce you to an exciting world of reading.
Click here to begin reading!
Book Discussion Groups
The Malden Public Library hosts two book discussion groups: The Monday Book Discussion and the Booker Prize Book Discussion. New members are always welcome! Copies of books for discussion are available at the information desk.
Monday Book Discussion Group
The Monday Book Discussion Group meets on the first Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Program Room.
- January 8, 2018 —The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- February 5, 2018—Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- March 5, 2018—Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- April 2, 2018—Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach
Call the Malden Public Library at 781-324-0218 for further information.
Booker Prize Discussion Group
The Booker Prize Discussion Group meets at 7:00 p.m. in the library on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Since 1969 the “Booker Prize” has been awarded to the best full-length novel written in English by a citizen of the UK, the Commonwealth, Eire, Pakistan, or South Africa. For more information about the Booker Prize please visit www.themanbookerprize.com.
- November 29, 2017—A Fraction of the Whole by Steve Toltz
- December 27, 2017—The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
- January 24, 2018—Summertime by J.M. Coetzee
- February 28, 2018—The Children’s Book by A.S. Byatt