DearReader.com Online Book Clubs
Join the Malden Public Library’s free Online Book Club and start receiving chapters from popular books in your daily e-mail. Everyday, Monday through Friday, we’ll send you a portion of chapter which will take you about five minutes to read.
After you’ve read 2 or 3 chapters from a book, we’ll start sending you a new one.
There’s no charge for this service. You don’t even need a library card. All you need is just five minutes a day, and we’ll introduce you to an exciting world of reading.
Click here to begin reading!
Book Discussion Groups
The Malden Public Library hosts two book discussion groups: The Monday Book Discussion and the Booker Prize Book Discussion. New members are always welcome! Copies of books for discussion are available at the information desk.
Monday Book Discussion Group
The Monday Book Discussion Group meets on the first Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Program Room.
- March 4, 2019—Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- April 1, 2019—Isaac’s Storm by Erik Larson
- May 6, 2019—H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
Call the Malden Public Library at 781-324-0218 for further information.
Booker Prize Discussion Group
The Booker Prize Discussion Group meets at 7:00 p.m. in the library on the fourth Wednesday of each month. Since 1969 the “Booker Prize” has been awarded to the best full-length novel written in English by a citizen of the UK, the Commonwealth, Eire, Pakistan, or South Africa. For more information about the Booker Prize please visit www.themanbookerprize.com.
- April 17, 2019—The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
- May 29, 2019—The Lighthouse by Alison Moore
- June 26, 2019—Harvest by Jim Crace
- July 24, 2019—The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
- August 28, 2019—A Tale for Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- September 25, 2019—We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo